Monday, August 19, 2013

The Next Incredible Adventure

Hello again everyone!

It is time. Time to get back in to blogging. Time to make some formal announcements. And time for my first post about some very exciting life changes.

Let's see...I believe my last post was after my trip to Morocco. That was in 2011. (WOW has time flown) Haha..sooo since then, I finished college (I graduated with my degree in May of 2012), I took a quick 3-week trip to Peru right away, and then started working full-time. I was able to start full-time at Madtown Twisters, the gymnastics gym I had coached at part-time all through college. So, aside from a quick trip to Costa Rica in January, that is pretty much what I've been up to since graduation. BUT all that is about to change. In exactly ONE WEEK from today, I'll be leaving for South Africa!! I have accepted a position there and plan to be there until May of next year.

SO what will I be doing? I will be teaching gymnastics! (Is that not the most random thing you have ever heard?!) I will be working for Gym Wizards (http://www.gymwizards.co.za/), teaching recreational gymnastics to school age children.

Where exactly will I be? I will be near Cape Town, South Africa, but hopefully doing as much traveling throughout the region as possible!

Will I make sure to update you on every minute of my life there? WHY YES OF COURSE! I will keep everyone updated on my experiences, thoughts, reflections, travels, trials, and opinions (even if you would rather not hear them haha), and I will be uploading as many photos as possible so you can all share in the adventure with me!

I am so so SO excited. It's the kind of excitement that literally only the adventure of a lifetime can bring you, and I believe this is definitely going to be the adventure of a lifetime. I still have so much to do to  get ready and so many goodbyes to say, (and of course I haven't started packing yet....that will be interesting!) but I am nonetheless SO looking forward to exactly one week from today when there will be no going back!

So here's to an exciting year ahead! Here's to all the changes life has brought me, and will [hopefully] continue to bring me. I couldn't be more ready for this one. And here's to treating every single day as if it might be my last, to making mistakes, just so I can make some more, to falling in love as many times as my heart will let me, and to smiling in the face of the unknown each and every time it rears it's head in my direction. Life is a roller coaster ride kind of journey folks...so good thing I like amusement parks. :)

Until next time.....


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kadie, I am confident you will achieve all your goals for seeking adventure, new friends and making this world a smaller place. I wish you a safe and thrilling year and will miss you terribly! Love, Mom!