Friday, December 12, 2014

WELCOME TO THE SILLY SEASON!


 Yoh – I’ve been bad. Very bad. I haven’t updated in QUITE some time. It took a little reminding from a friend back in the frozen tundra we know as Wisconsin that I have seriously neglected my blogging duties. For any of you that have been completely riveted by my stories in the past, I apologise! (Notice my South African spelling there! Woooo!!  (I’m kidding haha, I sincerely doubt anyone is riveted or has even noticed the lack of posts…except for you Tyler!!!).

Part of me just wants to blame the continued load shedding in  Cape Town for my blogging silence. (We have had off and on electricity cuts here for weeks now. Once, sometimes twice a day for a few hours at a time…LOVELY let me tell ya!) Buuuutt that’s not really entirely to blame I suppose.

Let’s see though…my last post was in SEPTEMBER. Before my whirlwind trip back to the states (emphasis on whirwind!). After a crazy 10 days stateside where I got to celebrate one of my best friends weddings, and spend not nearly enough time with friends and family, I jetted back over to this side of the world!

Haha anyways it is now DECEMBER. Or, as it’s known in Cape Town…Silly season!!! It’s the time of year where everyone in this country takes holiday time, tourists flock from all over the globe, and ridiculous amount of parties, sunshine, and good times are to be had by all. WELCOME to the silly season!

I’ve been trying my best to get in to the swing of all things SILLY lately as well! This last weekend was spent whiling away the hours doing some of my FAVORITE things (namely eating, drinking, lounging, swimming, picnicking, concert-going, dancing, braai-ing, and movie-watching). How did I fit all of that in to one weekend you ask? It was TOUGH let me tell you! But SO much fun! 

Me! At Amazink LIVE show! Dancing, singing, drumming and LOTS of fun! 

All my lovely co-workers! (Well, not all of them..but some of them!)

Pool side picnics are the best! 

Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts! 

And as many of you know, Thanksgiving passed just a few weeks ago. I hope you all enjoyed your turkey and American football watching!! I was sad to be away from home for yet another Thanksgiving (hmmm…seems I’m making a pattern out of this), but I was also delighted to enjoy a lovely Thanksgiving meal with fabulous friends. (We actually had 5 different nationalities present! Wooo!!!). We went all out folks! Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole (let me say that again, for effect, GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE!!!). Haha it was a great night and a wonderful way to help remind us all that we have SO much to be thankful for.

Thanksgiving selfies!!!


I couldn’t be more thankful for my crazy life here at the bottom of Africa. (Speaking of that – I actually went to the southern most tip of Africa a few weeks ago!! I was ALL THE WAY AT THE BOTTOM! Crazy!).

Me! At Cape Agulhas! Southern most tip of Africa! 

Heather, Heather, and myself just chillin' at Cape Agulhas! 


AND I got to pet an elephant!!


Oh HEY there Elephant! 

SO cool! 


But anyways, every day here when I wake up and I see vistas like this:

Lagoon Beach with a view of Table Mountain, Lion's Head, and Signal Hill! 

 Or this:

Oudekraal Beach Sunset


Or this:
Heather, Heather, and myself looking out over Cape Town's southern suburbs. YEP. 

I can’t help but be continually and utterly grateful for my life here. And I am SO looking forward to this next week because I get to share this little chunk of my life with some visitors!! I have four fabulous ladies heading my way from the U.S. and they will be here to adventure and play with me! Yippee! We have some SERIOUS fun planned! I’ll keep everyone posted! (Or, at least I’ll try! You never know when I’ll go another 3 months without posting again…hehe).

But in case I don’t get a chance to update before hand, I hope everyone has a happy and merry Christmas! And New Year! Stay safe and well! Let’s knock 2014 out with a BANG! (I know that’s my intention!).

Miss you and love you all!

Until next time… J

No comments: