Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The Final Countdown

I’ve been putting off writing this post. Because once this post is written and published, there’s no going back. It will be officially official. My time in South Africa is quickly coming to an end. I have this irrational feeling that maybe, the longer I wait to write it and post it, the longer I can put off the inevitable.

But there’s no putting anything off anymore. I have two short weeks left in Cape Town 
[AHH!!! HOW can that be true?!!?]

So the time has come to make the most of it! And in between a few last [stressful] weeks at work, I’ve been trying to fit in as much Cape Town as I can!

I’ve been doing my best to create as many crazy unforgettable memories in this crazy place as possible.

A few weeks ago, some friends and I spent a stunning Saturday afternoon wine tasting (what ELSE would we do in Cape Town on a gorgeous afternoon?) Not only did I get to check out a few wine farms I had never been to before, but I got to do it with some lovely company.

Wine tasting gang! 

Summer days, dresses, and wine...great combination! 



And THEN, just a few short weeks later, one of my favorite wine festivals, The Ommiberg Festival, was on! So even though I was really beginning to get sick of drinking so much wine (yea….right…) I decided to join in the fun! We made it a work function and I got to spend a FANTASTIC day with my co-workers. [I swear my co-workers are better than yours!].

The Gym Wizards crew! [photo cred: Mirinda Coertzen]


What else would we do at a Wine Farm? Hehehe [Video cred: Tania Williams]

And in between all the wining and dining I’ve been pool-side lounging, hiking, sight-seeing, and parade-watching! (tough life right?)


Some friends welcoming back Heather to Cape Town!

Heather, Stef and I loving on each other [Photo Cred: Holly Marriott]

Cape Town Carnival Parade with Stef, Heather, Holly, and Caroline! [Photo Cred: Jack Marriott]

PLUS – MY BESTIES ARE COMING! MY BESTIES ARE COMING! That’s right  folks, on Saturday morning Poynette, Wisconsin is invading South Africa. I can’t WAIT to share one more African adventure with some of my closest friends! One last “jol” as they say here in SA!

Then, before I know it [and before I will be ready for it I’m sure] I will be on a fancy jet plane headed back over the Atlantic. I have a few preliminary plans set in place. (Like visiting NYC and celebrating my birthday!) But after that, who knows? Haha…I’m going to start channeling my inner-Pocahontas…I can’t wait to see ‘what’s around the river bend!’

I promise – I’ll be sure to keep you updated along the way.

Until next time! 

No comments: