Monday, September 22, 2014

South Africa. Stealing My Heart One Sunset at a Time.....

Well well well.

Looks who's let almost 2 months pass by without any sort of updates.....

WOW. I cannot believe we are almost at the end of September.

It's been a crazy couple months! After my return to Cape Town I have gotten back in to the swing of things and already feel right at home again in my SA life!

It was a busy few weeks at work, but I've been trying my hardest to really enjoy the weekends and time off, so I've been able to fit in a fair amount of adventuring as well!

Between TWO weekend trips to Hermanus (local whale-watching hotspot), a few wine festivals and tastings (ok let's be honest...maybe more than a few!), hitting up some GORGEOUS local beaches (and yes, it's beach weather here already!), celebrating birthdays and baby showers, seeing soccer games and penguins, checking out new local markets, AND new-found favorite restaurants and hangouts, I don't really know where all the time has gone!?!

I DO know that each and every day I fall more in love with this country and my life here. I thank God every day for bringing me here and connecting me with the people I've met. And each morning when I wake up and look out my windows,  I can't help but let a big smile creep across my face. How could ANYONE not smile all the time when they're surrounded by such beautiful natural scenery? It's like I'm living in some insanely famous painting or something!

Anyway..enough of my ranting. Here's some photos of recent good-times and memories:

Gymnast friends go to a Saturday market

Gymnast friends go to a Saturday market and decide to do jumping photos - my favorite!  
Me! In Hermanus! Watching out for some whales! (Although, not at the exact moment of this photo as I would have been facing the wrong way in order to SEE the whales hahaha)

Stunning coastline of South Africa

How cool is this? A Penguin and a DASSIE (the furry brown creature) in the same photo! Gotta love the wildlife! 

One of the penguins at Betty's Bay! 

This is what the drive home from Hermanus looks like...anyone want to join for my next road trip?

Hermanus. Fantastic. 

More super cool coastline. 

Me! And the surf! 

We decided to do some handstands in Hermanus too! Hehehehe. Once a gymnast always a gymnast! 

All smiles! 


Look! It's a whale! Do you see him?!?!

At the South African vs. Nigeria soccer game!!! Goooooo SA!! 

South Africa vs. Nigeria game! 

Our for birthday drinks! 

And this, my friends, is the view from my window of my new flat. The best sunsets. 



Anywho......now, I have one more day of work (tomorrow, which is a Tuesday) before my next day off! YUP. Wednesday is a public holiday! It's Heritage Day! (or, as it is more favourabley called here, Braai day!) Should be a fantastic day! THEN it's only Thursday and Friday at work before I'm OFF! I head back to the States for a quick visit! SUPER excited about that.

If things continue at the rate I'm going now I'll still be playing catch up from the next couple weeks all the way through November! Sheesh!

Anyway, I hope everyone is happy, healthy and enjoying getting to watch all those Badger Games! (I could NOT be more jealous!). I miss you all like crazy craze mc-craziness. But I'm doing well.

Loving the life I live.

Until next time :) 

No comments: